It is more important to know where you are going, than how long it takes to get there.



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Second Opinion...

If at first you don't suceed, try option number 2.

Today I contacted Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. I am expecting a call within 24 hours to discuss my cancer and to schedule an appointment. I am looking for a second opinion, and a team that has the same sense of urgency as I. The thought of driving back and forth into Boston is daunting, but I feel like I am going nowhere fast with my current course.

I sent a letter via fax to Dr. No Nickname today. I expressed my frustration with the testing process, and my discontent with the MRI and Ultrasound center. I do not know if she received the fax because I did not receive a call from her.

An MRI technician called me today to confirm the appointment for Thursday. She told me that the MRI biopsy takes about a hour. She said that I must keep perfectly still on the MRI table for most of that hour. The orders are still for just the right side, even though I believe it will probably be for the left side.

This patient's patience are wearing thin.

My poor family is living with a "Donkey On The Edge!"

3 comments:

  1. Keval,
    So sorry to hear about the testing malfunctions! Hopefully Dana Farber will come through. My Key West dwelling mom just spent a month here in the Manchester/Boston area getting a liver resection done to remove a cancerous tumor, she had surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess, very professional, very attentive and speedy response. Maybe the "big guns" are the way to go. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been amazing throughout this ordeal.. not sure I would have the same grace and patience as you. I am glad to hear it is not genetic, I am sure that is a huge relief for you and Chubba. You and your family are in our prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, what's so hard about finding a good team of doctors who actually communicate with you and each other? I agree, go for the big guns and get the best care. I hear that BreastLink in CA is really really really good about getting an entire surgical-oncology-radiology- nursing care team in place first (wow! Who'd have thunk?) to work with the patient. I've often wondered why more cancer tx groups don't adopt the same approach. Anyway, you are doing great advocating for yourself - you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete