It is more important to know where you are going, than how long it takes to get there.



Thursday, May 6, 2010

Yep, One More...

It's 3:50a.m. and not even the Zithromycin, Prednisone and Codine cough medicine can help me with my nocturnal tendencies. Goodness gracious, I have pneumonia! Yep, one more health issue. I know what you're thinking, "Who says "goodness gracious" anymore?" Isn't that a great retro expression? I have 13 days until surgery, but who's counting, and I need to knock this stuff out of my lungs. I chose the most aggressive course of treatment offered to me.

My mom is coming on May 15 to take care of her little girl and her little girl's little girls! (With the assistance of Chubba, of course.) She will be here for three weeks. Yep, one more Californian descending on New England. However, she's a native Alaskan, but, she never saw Russia from her front door in Ketchican. She's been going rogue for seventy years, long before it was fashionable, and without the use of insipid quips. (No offense, SP fans.) I am blessed that my mom is able to come here and bestow her magical motherly love and care.

Whacky thought of the day...
When you don't feel well, why do saltine crackers and 7-Up taste better when your mom gives them to you than when you get them yourself?

2 comments:

  1. I've been on prendisone and vicodin for a month - enjoy. but get better! hugs.
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your mom. She rocks.

    BTW, I always say, "Good grief!"

    ReplyDelete