It is more important to know where you are going, than how long it takes to get there.



Monday, May 3, 2010

The Countdown Begins...

Countdowns can be very exciting: countdown until your birthday, countdown until Christmas, countdown until the last day of school, and countdown until liftoff. But, there are also countdowns with dreaded anticipation: countdown until finals or countdown until the first day of school. I think surgery falls in the latter group.

I feel that I need to do a million things to do before the surgery. I have that nesting-type of feeling that women get before having a baby. You know, that silly feeling of thinking the house needs to be perfectly clean, including stove, oven, closets, drawers, etc. (Like the baby would even know if the house is clean.) Why do I think that I need to run all the errands that I repeatedly put off until another day? You know, the annoying little trip to home depot to return the bbq grate that is too small, or finding a place to repair the cracked storm window. (Californians, a storm window is an extra window on the outside to help keep the frigid cold out and expensive heat in!) Talking about windows, they should be washed too.

Fortunately, this feeling of needing perfection, and getting everything done in a short amount of time, dissipates before I act on it...one advantage of getting older. When I was younger, I would have tried to conquer it all, and more.

There are fifteen days until surgery. But who's counting?


Whacky thought for the day...
If you want to make someone smile, color your hair pink!
Over the last few days, several strangers have looked at me and smiled. I smile back. A few minutes later I realized that they were smiling because of my hair.
Whatever it takes!

Happy Birthday Chubba!

No comments:

Post a Comment