It is more important to know where you are going, than how long it takes to get there.



Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dates...

I am not very good at remembering dates or statistics. I do not know that day of my first date with Chubba, and I barely remember birthdays of nieces and nephews. I do not know how much my girls weighed at birth or the exact time they were born. I cannot even remember the date of my mastectomy - sometime in mid May. However, I do remember that one year ago today, I was told that I might have breast cancer. February 12 is etched into my memory.

If you are reading this, you are probably saying to yourself, I can't believe that a year has passed so quickly. Sometimes I feel like the year flew by, and other times if crawled along...like the tortoise and the hare.

Speaking of hair...My hair is now about 1 & 3/4 inches/4.5cm long. It is not as shiny and healthy looking as I had hoped. The color still looks like I have been standing outside in a snow storm. I am dying to dye it. Soon, very soon. I also have curls in the back at the bottom - I look like a MLB ball player's curly hair sticking out from under his baseball cap, except I am not wearing a cap.

To you loyal readers, thank you for an entire year of support. I am shocked that anyone ever took time out of their busy lives to read this jibber jabber, and to send me supportive comments, e-mails, cards, etc. My next post will be pictures of my healing wall - it is the last thing see before I go to sleep, and the first thing that I see when I awake. All of you have made a big difference in my recovery and my life.

Happy Anniversary!
Cheers!

Whacky thoughts for the day...
#1 When my hair starting growing and it was just a tiny stubble, I had a 1 inch/2.8cm hair growing under my chin! At least I kept the big bad wolf away with it.

#2 Have you ever noticed that people with a very wrinkly faces have not a single wrinkle on their noses?

3 comments:

  1. Keval, I have read every post you have written over the past year, I honestly cannot believe it has been a year. I am so incredibly proud of you and your family, especially the girls. My love and support is with you and has been from day one, I just never realized so much time had gone by without me vocalizing (through writing) all that I have felt while silently taking this journey with you. So as to not feel like a creepy stalker that quietly lurks in the shadows of your blog, I want you to know that I love you and the girls and I am sending every bit of strength and energy I can muster to Boston. You are courageous and I love what you wrote about the stigma attached to depression, I have been reading a lot about that very thing (not depression per-say, but about the stigma). Well since this is your blog and not mine, I think I have carried on long enough :) Always Your fan, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI keval
    you don't know me...but I work for Beverly Hospital and i have a google alert that emails me anything that refers to Beverly Hospital and your blog came up one day and i started to read it and follow it.
    I admire your courage and your honesty. I have never gone through cancer so i can't imagine what you are dealing with but I thank you for sharing this journey with us all who follow your blog.
    I wish your strength and hope as you continue to fight.
    Best to you
    Amylou

    ReplyDelete