It is more important to know where you are going, than how long it takes to get there.



Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No Date Update...

I still do not have a date for surgery. I am meeting with my new surgeon, radiologist, oncologist and pathologist at Mass General on April 15. I am guessing and hoping that they will schedule the surgery for the following week, which is also spring break for our local schools. My current surgeon Dr. No Nickname said that Mass General could possibly scheudle the surgery for the following day. If it is during spring break, Justin and the girls are going to stay at a hotel in Boston for a couple of days while I am in the hospital. I am not sure how many days I will be in the hosptial because I still need to book a reservation. I wonder if I can get a better rate on Expedia.com. The girls are actually looking foward to going to Boston and hanging out in a hotel, taking the T(subway) to the museums, maybe a little shopping, dining out, possibly see a show, and swimming in the hotel pool. Oh, and hopefully they will find time to visit me. Boston is a fun town to visit and easy to move around on the subway. I have not mastered driving in Boston yet, the streets go every which way, and most are a one-way going in the wrong direction - it makes driving in San Francisco look like a drive through Mayberry.

This week I am gathering all my records, slides, films and disks to send to Mass General. In the recent weeks I had 2 nuclear scans, 1 CT scan, 3 mammograms, 4 ultrasounds, 3 biopsies, 2 MRIs, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Whacky thought for the day...
Why is it everytime I have an appointment to get my teeth cleaned I floss religiously for the week before the cleaning and the week after the cleaning? The rest of the time - sporatically.

Happy Birthday Eric in the UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment